Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

'76 flashback:

I got the above pic from Jen's place. These were bumper stickers that co-incided with the Carter / Ford Presidential election year. They came in Trix cereal boxes. I've been looking for a pic of these things for a long time. Thanks Jen!

7 comments:

grannyann said...

I don't get the connection between this sticker and the election. Guess I am a little thick.

joe said...

Well, that's when it came out. It was a vote yes or no whether the rabbit gets to eat trix or not.
Hey, it wasn't my idea..

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Does anyone remember a button on this also? I sort of remember sending in for one and/or voting or something.

joe said...

No, don't remember the button. Maybe i'll do an image search..

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I did see one on an image search for Trix button...

FilmFather said...

I remember this "election," though I don't remember which way I voted.

joe said...

Film Father: You remember, you just don't want to say.... well, as long as you voted your conscience, that's the main thing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails