Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Keep America beautiful:

Man, what a whiner....
If you were around in the 70's, you remember these commercials. It's funny how a commercial goes on for years and years, and it becomes a fabric of our society, then all of a sudden they disappear, and you don't think anything of it, until you realize it's gone, like the "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" commercial, and the "Bounty" commercials with Nancy Walker as Rosie the diner waitress, or the "Folgers" commercial with Mrs. What's-her-name, or the "Fill it to the rim with Brim" commercials that were so annoying...

11 comments:

Ravn... said...

Man...u move around alot!!

keie3 said...

My favorite were the Madge the manicurist for Palmolive commercials.

"Your soaking in it."

Mr. POSSLQ said...

I remember the Folger's commercials. It was Mrs. Olsen (Olson? Whatever) that pitched that product.

Ad campaigns are fleeting mainly because they're always looking for a new catchphrase, or because the person behind the beloved character isn't available anymore for whatever reason. I couldn't picture anyone else taking Nancy Walker's place in the Bounty commercials; she'd become so tied in with that product it never would have worked.

grannyann said...

Anyone remember "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!"?

joe said...

Ravn: (c:

Keie: Who could forget Madge????

Mr. P.: That's right, Olsen. I forgot. I guess my memory's not what it used to be..

Ann: What commercial was that? Pepto Bismo? Alka Seltzer?
Drano????????

Keith said...

Yeah, I remember these commercials. There were so many commercials that were staples of that day. You always saw them.

grannyann said...

Alka Seltzer I think. I loved the look on the guys face when he said that.

Marissa said...

Iron Eyes Cody really should've been Watery Eyes Cody or Conjunctivitis Cody. I just thought he always got something in his eye.

joe said...

Keith: So right, my friend. SO right!

Ann: thanks for clearing that up for me. You're great!

Marissa: Me too!

Miss Alex said...

You memory boggles the mind...

joe said...

I was very observant as a kid. It's like everything I saw got "Kodaked" into my brain..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails