Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Glow-In-The-Dark stuff:

When I was a kid, I loved glow-in-the-dark stuff (which is kind of why I like this black template. The wordage seems very glow-in-the-dark). I probably would've bought the above record just because it glowed. I also remember a glow-in-the-dark pen that came in boxes of Sugar Crisp cereal ca. 1974/75. I looked at that thing in the dark more than I ever wrote with it...

7 comments:

Marissa said...

That reminds me of those 45 records that sometimes came in cereal boxes. They worked remarkably well.

joe said...

Yeah those were great. I loved those things.

Keith said...

That is so cool. I love it.

Retro Hound said...

This morning I was looking at my son in his glow-in-the-dark Star Wars shirt, and I wondered how old that thing is. I have no idea where it came from, but all our kids have worn it. I think I'll take a photo and post it on my blog. Glow-in-the-dark is cool.

grannyann said...

My son always had something that glowed in the dark and we were always replacing black lights. You can even now get some stars that stick to your ceiling and glow in the dark.

joe said...

Keith: I wonder how the record sounds. I'd love to hear a clip.

Retro: Glow-in-the-dark IS cool, my friend, and anyone who says otherwise is just plain stupid.

Ann: Back then I would've got the stars for my ceiling, but if I did that today i'd have aLOT of explaining to do...

Anonymous said...

i still have my glow in the dark kryptonite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails