Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Random find:

Even back then, they were ugly. Of course, that's just my opinion, but since this is my place, it's really the only opinion that counts....

13 comments:

Marissa said...

Aahh, The Gremlin and Pacer. They were everywhere. My friend Julia and I took her dad's Pacer for a spin (and stalled) during our pre-licensed days.

Classic scene in Wayne's World rockin' out in that Pacer.

joe said...

I'd have loved to hang with Wayne and Garth.

joe said...

... even in a pacer...

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I think they would have been kind of cool, but I never had to drive one. So here's my question what cars today will people be commenting on in 30 years?

joe said...

I think we'll all be saying how tragically ugly the Hummer was, and how jeeps have become totally wussified...

Marissa said...

I don't like alot of the ginormous SUV's, but it's not my blog, so I don't want to say... heheheh.

grannyann said...

My brother owned both a Gremlin and a Pacer. He was a really funny guy. He died a few years ago and I really miss him. He had his tape recorder on as he was directing bombers from his OV-10 over Laos as Pres Nixon was saying on the radio that we were not bombing Laos. One has nothing to do with the other, I just felt like telling that.

joe said...

Marissa: Haha

Ann: Great! Thanks for sharing!

Retro Hound said...

We went around with a real estate lady who had a Pacer. A very good car for gawking at houses and neighborhoods with all that glass.

joe said...

I guess there's good in everything. Even Pacers.

Brad said...

the Pacer was a beautiful deathtrap

joe said...

Haha. The perfect mother-in-law car...

Redsoxfan said...

Ugly and pieces of crap;

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails