Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Colorforms:

When I was a kid ('til about 7 years old), there was always a Colorforms set in my toybox. This set looks familiar, I'm sure I had it. It's dated 1971, but it could have been sold up until '73 or even '74.
Click pic for larger image.

11 comments:

Cheer34 said...

I loved these!!!!!

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

They are definitely familiar and I am sure I had them. They were like a peel and stick toy, right?

grannyann said...

Joe, I just don't remember ever seeing one of those.

Marissa said...

I remember playing with these in my 1st grade class. So much fun!

Gilligan said...

When you think about it, these were the lamest toys ever - just sticking these little pictures on a backdrop. And yet I lapped these things up!

Maybe I was just easily amused.

Miss Alex said...

My mother would NEVER buy me this shit we were too poor. In fact I didnt have McDonalds till high school I think... My mom was old fashion Italian ... it wasn't happening in my home... Did I mention we were poor?

so mr. 70s I posted one just for you... cause i'm shocked and appauled that you havent seen that movie!!! :D

Everyone I know has seen it... in fact Miss Kim is like pushin daiseys and has seen that shit age is no excuse! lol

joe said...

Cheer: They were alot of fun. I always loved when my folks would buy me a new set. I had a flintstones set also, but I can't seem to find a pic yet.

Jim: Yes, the pieces were a sort of rubber and they'd stick to the set background which was kind of a glossy cardboard.

Ann: Maybe Curtis remembers them. I'd be surprised if he didn't.

Marissa: It was. I never got to play with them at school, though.

Gilligan: The simple things were always the best, im my opinion.

Miss Alex: Are you trying to tell me you were poor??? Somehow I get the idea that you were..
I'll check out your post now.

Retro Hound said...

My grandparents had one that was the Charlie Brown gang. I was going to post a photo on my blog. I asked about it last time I was there, but my poor grandmother doesn't even remember it. I hope she didn't throw it out.

joe said...

My parents threw out all my old stuff. It was all in great shape too. While I can't really say I hate them for it, I will get even one day..

blueroc85 said...

I had a micheal jackson set!

Redsoxfan said...

I hated them, the pieces would stop sticking in the first week or we would lose the pieces, they never lasted long in our house.

Related Posts with Thumbnails