Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Bad News Bears

I didn't see this movie when it first came out in 1976. My mom (her and dad had split up by then, and I was living with her) wouldn't let me see it because of the "language". She also wouldn't let me see Jaws a year earlier. She was just no damn fun....

12 comments:

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I saw this, I didn't see Jaws (when it first came out). I liked it, also saw some of the sequels. The remake with Billy Bob Thorton was on TV over the weekend which I watched a little (actually saw that before too).

Keith said...

I can't remember when I saw this as a kid. I saw it several times when I was growing up. I also saw Jaws at some point back then.

Marissa said...

When I use the term Bad News Bears to describe a failed team effort, younger people don't get it.

Jaws was the first movie I ever saw at the theater. I snuck in when it was really busy in the lobby. That was easy to do back then.

Dr. Monkey said...

The first one ruled, the sequels blew.

grannyann said...

I agree with Dr Monkey, the sequels never matched the original. I love it that when anyone wants to express suspense they hum the music whenever jaws was coming!!! Do you know what I mean????

Retro Hound said...

My folks wouldn't let me see The Bad News Bears either. And I still haven't! Just never got around to it I guess.

joe said...

Jim: Which remake?? Jaws or The Bad News Bears???? They made a remake of Jaws??

Keith: I didn't see the original for either, myself.

Marissa: I used to do that too. Once a friend and I wanted to see Fright Night, but we were both under age. I told him not to worry. We paid for a lame-o G-rated flick, then when the ushers headed to the lounge after the opening previews started, we went into the room that was viewing fright night. I did that more than once.

Dr. Monkey: The first one of what???

Ann: I do know what you mean. I do.

Retro: Folks back then were able to tell their kids "no". Unlike today....

Jenny said...

I saw this again the other night with my boy. Loved it then, still love it now.

joe said...

Did he like it? It's hard to believe he didn't. That movie still holds up well today, more than 30 years later.

Jenny said...

My son liked it. Although I definately enjoyed it more I think.

Freida Bee, MD said...

My babysitter back then used to let me stay up late and watch SNL when my Mom was gone. Saw this at the movies, but probably a couple years later, because without the interwebs back then, Arkansas probably got movies in three years later than the rest of the US.

Redsoxfan said...

I don't know if I saw either of them originally or as repeats but I remember tatum oneal in it, she was being compared to Jodie foster back them, jodie was better looking and a better actress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails