Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, April 06, 2009

Random fact:

I always wished I had learned to play the guitar. Btw, I know this movie was from 1980, but it was probably filmed in '79, so technically it does qualify....

12 comments:

keie3 said...

Airplane! is all kinds of awesome though, so it totally counts :).

I actually just got around to watching all the Airport movies and it was funny to see all the things Airplane lifted from them.

As for playing the guitar I tried when I was younger I am not inclined for the instrument, lol.

Love the new header BTW. Mary Hartman is FTW.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Airplane! is one of my favorite movies ever.

grannyann said...

Your top photo, wasn't that Mary, Mary or something like that? I liked that show and watched each episode.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Seems more like a 70s movie than an 80s movie to me. I did take guitar lessons when I was a kid. Let's just say it looks easier than it is. I don't think the lessons lasted much past 6 months or so.

joe said...

Thanks guys for understanding!

Btw, the header pic is Carol Burnett in a parody of 'Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman' in an episode of The Carol Burnett Show. It was titled: 'Mary Mary Quite Contrary, Mary Mary Quite Contrary'.

joe said...

... that woman always cracked me up.

Keith said...

I took guitar lessons for a little while, but gave them up. I wish I had stuck with it.

Chris said...

There's a group of historians that sorts out eras such as the 70's and 80's not by exact year but by events. According to them, the 19080's did not begin until Reagan took office in January 1981--so it's completely acceptable to put a 1980 movie in with the 70's.

joe said...

Keith: I wish you had too, then you could give me lessons for free..

Chris: You're too good to me. And kind.
And gentle.
And sensitive to my needs..

Booksteve said...

The airplane pic is parodying the scene where Helen Reddy sings to an ailing Linda Blair in AIRPORT 1975 so it qualifies as seventies!

joe said...

I didn't know that. To be honest I had no idea it was a parody. I think my favorite scene was the disco flashback. And the guy the woman's dancing with gets stabbed in the back but she just thinks he's 'busting a move'. I laughed my ass off.

Redsoxfan said...

And one of the first comedies of this type, it was the greatest, i watched it many times, and still laugh to pee my pants when the blow up automatic pilot needs to be blown up by the stewardess then its flying around the cabin and grabs onto her boobs. FUNNY>

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails