Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, April 10, 2009

I know our parents just wanted to kill us:

Ah, candy / bubble gum cigarettes. Something to tide us over until we were old enough for the real thing. They tasted good, though. On a personal note, this author thought the best ones weren't the gum ones, the best ones were the hard, tasteless, chalk-like, candy variety..

11 comments:

Retro Hound said...

Ah yes, I remember those. I too liked the chalk ones. And the gum cigars.

Gilligan said...

I too preferred the chalk ones. I liked Big League Chew as well.

Nowadays you'd be reported to DHR for giving your kid candy cigarettes.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I too liked the chalk-like ones and believe it or not have come across them within the last year or so. I did hear they were renaming them as candy sticks.

FilmFather said...

I started out with the chalk ones, but when the gum ones wrapped in paper came out - where you could blow the powdered sugar out of them like smoke - I switched immediately.

joe said...

Retro: Oh I forgot about the gum cigars. They were great.

Gilligan: I liked the strawberry big league chew the best.

Jim: "Candy sticks"?? I'll have to look them up.

Film Father: Haha

keie3 said...

The chalk ones were better better IMO. It's amazing how much can change in such a short amount of time. back then our parents thought nothing of buying us candy cigs, pop guns, those switchblade combs. Now a days people would look at you like you grew two heads if you by any of these things for your own kids. You actually feel guilty for letting you kids have the same fun you did as a kid.

joe said...

Ah, the "good" old days...

Booksteve said...

Chalk ones for me too!

joe said...

Haha. Then it's unanimous!! Chalk were the best!

blueroc85 said...

I too, liked the chalk ones where you could blow the candy "smoke"!

Redsoxfan said...

loved the candy ones, did not like the gum cigars, but never started smoking because of them so they must over dramatize things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails