Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, May 01, 2009

Human kindess is overflowing:

Broken windows and empty hallways,
a pale dead moon in a sky streaked with gray.
Human kindness is overflowing,
And I think it's gonna rain today.
Scarecrows dressed in the latest styles,
frozen smiles to chase love away.
Human kindness is overflowing,
And I think it's gonna rain today.
Bright before me, the signs implore me:
Help the needy and show them the way.
Human kindess is overflowing,
And I think it's gonna rain today.

11 comments:

Keith said...

Thanks for sharing that with us. Have a great weekend.

Jenny said...

THE rain was ending, and light
Lifting the leaden skies.
It shone upon ceiling and floor
And dazzled a child's eyes.
Take it easy this weekend.

Marissa said...

Why am I sooo depressed now? Right back at ya!

I'm not even going to use my "Happy Girl" avatar.

joe said...

Keith: You're welcome! You too!

Jenny: I have no idea what that means, but okay!

Marissa: Hahaha. Well, it did rain today. Here....

Vlad said...

Vlad owns a copy of the record album where Leonard Nimoy sings this song. That should speak volumes about Vlad.

joe said...

I'd love to hear that...

Vlad said...

Joe - the song is found on the "Touch of Leonard Nimoy" album from 1969. Vlad would send an mp3 but Vlad has no Yahoo ID and is unable to contact you via email. But Vlad just did a search and found a few sites where you can hear Mister Nimoy's version of "I Think It's Gonna Rain Today" so it should be easy to find.

joe said...

Okay, but Joe has no DSL. Joe only has dial-up, because Joe lives in the middle of friggin' nowhere, so it'll take Joe, like, 30 minutes to load a 5 minute song because it sucks to be Joe.

Vlad said...

Vlad feels your pain! Vlad's castle only has dial-up as well! Vlad must journey into civilization and fight off countless infidels in order to have the power of DSL. Perhaps Vlad could send you a CD via carrier pigeon?

joe said...

Great! Joe will be waiting....

joe said...

... Joe's still waiting for that damn pigeon...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails