Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Chutes and Ladders:

In the early 70's, I played this every day... I wore this game out. I loved sliding my token down the chutes. Of course, I knew it meant I was losing, but I didn't care... I was just that way...

10 comments:

grannyann said...

I got tickled at you saying you liked the chutes even tho you'd be loosing. The other day my three youngest grandkids were sitting on the floor playing Old Maid. They would get so excited when they got her and all three wanted to get her even tho I said whoever did was the looser. They didn't care they were having too much fun trying to guess who had her or who was going to get her. (Plus my grandson kept calling her "Old Navy" - you can tell where he shops with his teenage sisters).

Hairball said...

I remember the TV commercials for this game!

Keith said...

I played this all the time myself.

joe said...

Ann: Haha about them wanting the maid. It must be a universal kid thing.

Hairball: It was alot of fun. I think there's an online version you can download, i saw it on the search result.

Keith: Yeah, good stuff.

C said...

yeah, played this, and cherrio, and monopoly, and racko, and mille bournes, and screw your neighbor.

C

Sans Pantaloons said...

This is called snakes & ladders over here. We slide down snakes.
Go figure!

joe said...

C: Never heard of Screw Your Neighbor..

Sans: That is strange..

Miss Alex said...

Hahahah I totally love this version...as you know they change things through the years and I think they changed the board on this one

joe said...

Yes, this looks different then the one I had too.

blueroc85 said...

I had this game too...loved it! Operation, hungry hungry hippos, lite brite, cootie, candyland, perfection, and monopoly were some other favorites

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails