Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Good reading in 1973:

I read this thing for the longest time. Good stuff.

11 comments:

Retro Hound said...

I love Charlie Brown!

joe said...

Me too! Although I'm more of a fan of Woodstock and Peppermint Patty.

Gilligan said...

Had that book and wore it out. Yet never figured out the weird relationship going on between Peppermint Patty and Marcy.

The font used for the title/author was used for everything back then.

joe said...

Um, we weren't supposed to question those things back then...

Hairball said...

I'm with Retro Hound on the Charlie Brown love!

I'm always saying when something goes over my head, that it was like the teacher from Charlie Brown was talking to me.

Hmm,I wonder if anyone under a certain age understands what I mean by that??

Excuse me, I'm going to go put some flame stickers on my walker and oxygen tank.

grannyann said...

My son to this day (he's in his 40s) still watches all the Charlie Brown holiday movies with his girls. They are really cute.

joe said...

Hairball: I had no idea you were so old...

Ann: If I had a TV I'd still watch them too. I have a DVD player in my computer but I still haven't figured out how to work the damn thing... I'm sure there's a button to press somewhere....

Charmed said...

My daughter has this on her bookshelf in her room. :o)

sunnydaze said...

YEEESSSS!!!!! I had this, too! I wore this book out! Still love it just as much. Wish I'da hung on to it for my kids (or myself...) :D

Christopher Sobieniak said...

I had this book too, I didn't read it as much as I oggled at the drawings and stills taken from the TV specials that made up most of it!

joe said...

I'm not sure what happened to all my old books. Usually my folks threw them out when I'd outgrown them

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails