Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Hong Kong Phooey - a 1975 Saturday morning saple:

Good stuff.

11 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh my god! How do you remember this? I completely forgot about Hong Kong Phooey. I'll have to check for videos. Thanks.

joe said...

I watched it every Saturday. Scatman Crothers was his voice.

Retro Hound said...

A saple? Yeah, I loved this show and my kids have seen it at their grandparents (who have satellite) house.

joe said...

Hahaah. I just realized now I spelled it wrong...
Yup, love them saples....

grannyann said...

Wow saples? I love them. As I well know, we seem to misspell and don't notice till we post. LOL.
Glad to see I am not the only one.

Freida Bee, MD said...

Loved it and actually watched a couple old episodes on YouTube not too long ago. If the song has not been re-done by a rock band yet, that needs to happen- though it probably has, but I'm too lazy to investigate just for a comment. ;)

joe said...

Ann: Haha. yeah, that just kind of slipped by me....

Freida: That's perfectly okay. I don't care to investigate either..

FilmFather said...

Freida and Joe,

Sublime does a cover of the HKP theme (RIP, lead singer whose name I forget). Their version is bitchin', ska-rockin', and hilarious all at the same time. It comes from the 1995 CD Saturday Morning Cartoons' Greatest Hits.

Check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAA0ApV6TsQ
Watch for the suped-up ska transition at the 2-minute mark.

(Regarding the CD, it's a must-get for our generation. You haven't lived till you've heard the Butthole Surfers do "Underdog" or the Ramones cover "Spider-Man.")

joe said...

Hey I'll check it out.

Freida Bee, MD said...

FF- Maybe I'd heard of that version before, but I am sure I'd never heard of it. Thank you for the url. That was great.

Redsoxfan said...

Loved it, between that and Underdog, another one you have not mentioned I was stuck on tv.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails