Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why....

... did I NOT purchase every single one of these things (in triplicate) back when they cost two dollars, or at least keep the ones I had... if only I'd known back then that some of these would sell for over $150 MOC today... of course if I'd told my folks back then they'd be that expensive in the future they'd have thought I was crazy.. so I blame them. It's their fault.

7 comments:

grannyann said...

Don't you just always wish you had all those things you had as a kid? especially when you see what they are going for on ebay. Last I heard a guy who lives here had a #1 Archie comic with the cover missing and it was $1900.00.

FilmFather said...

I dug up what remained of my collection of these guys at my folks' place a couple of years ago. Only 3 were left: The Green Goblin was in pretty good shape, The Thing was missing his right foot thanks to a family dog, and my fave Spidey villain, The Lizard...poor Lizzie...I cradled him in my hands, and watched as the elastic inside cracked and crumbled apart, causing all four of his limbs to fall off right before my eyes. Oh, the humanity...

joe said...

Ann: My parents threw most of my stuff away. It was their philosophy that if you're not using it anymore, get rid of it. Mom hates clutter.

F.F.: I'm so sorry..

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

No clutter is not a bad philosophy. What if picked out some toys today and buy and put in safe keeping to sell in the future? Think we could make some money?

joe said...

Yes, but by then we'd all probably be dead...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

OH Man..are you ever harshing my buzz. It actually hurts me physically to not have those. First trip after the creation of my time machine is NOT to kill Hitler but to get me some cheap ass Megos

joe said...

I totally agree.

Related Posts with Thumbnails