Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Speaking of haunted houses:

One of my all-time favorite movies is The Ghost And Mister Chicken. I could watch it over and over. It was a great Saturday afternoon TV movie. I must've seen it half a dozen times. I really miss Don Knotts..
....on a side-note, I'm really digging this orange and yellow combo... it kind of reminds me of that pineapple-orange soda I used to drink as a kid. Remember pineapple-orange? I don't think they make that anymore..

14 comments:

Cheer34 said...

I LOVE that movie too.....thanks for the memories

joe said...

You're welcome!

joe said...

So, remember pineapple-orange soda??

grannyann said...

Don't remember pineapple orange but did any of you ever drink a Squirt?

Hairball said...

I watched that movie about a year ago on TV. It was fun to see it again!

I think I've seen a pineapple-orange flavored store brand soda at the grocery store.

teri said...

OMG, I loved this movie!

C said...

yep, loved that movie. can you get that flavor soda online? i betcha could. cream soda is my all time fave. my friends dad owned NEHI soda in malone, is that still around? he made the best cream soda!

c

joe said...

Ann: That sounds so dirty...

Hairball: I'd love to see it again. I may get the DVD. My computer has a DVD player in it. Now i just have to figure out where it is..

Teri: Only an idiot wouldn't like this movie.

C: Nope. NO Nehi soda company anymore, i'm afraid. It may be a Stewart's now..

Retro Hound said...

I have a tape of this and we watch it every Halloween. What really makes it perfect is it's in Kansas!

My kids love Don Knotts. Ever see The Private Eyes?

Your orange and yellow makes it hard to read in my bloglines.

joe said...

Sorry.... I'll try to keep it to a minimum ;^)

Keith said...

I always loved this movie. Don Knotts was always awesome.

joe said...

Yeah he was. He could always make me laugh.

Booksteve said...

One of my top ten all-time favorites! Saw it new in the theater when it opened, caught a re-release a few years later and probably seen it two dozen times on television! One of those where it just never gets old for some reason!

Redsoxfan said...

I remember pineapple orange soda, I loved it, the movie was funny but he was best as barney fife

Related Posts with Thumbnails