Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rough day? Have a Winston!:

Hey, if Fred and Wilma aren't averse to "lighting up", it must be okay.

8 comments:

grannyann said...

Fred and Wilma probably had heart surgery a few years later. They are probably advertising "Stop Smoking Day"

joe said...

So Ann did you ever smoke? My granny loved Winstons.

Hairball said...

We need some bacon and liquor to go with our cigs.

C said...

i've never smoked, i dont remember the flintstones smoking. how awful to put that in a cartoon.

c

Keith said...

My dad always smoked Winston. So did a lot of my other family members. I've always been a cigar man. I did try my fair share of Winston's, etc. when I was a kid.

Retro Hound said...

Good grief! Is that real? And to think the government thought Joe Camel was too close to advertising cigarettes to children.

joe said...

Yup, it's real, guys.

Anonymous said...

I'm about 15 years older than you. I saw The Flintstones when they were first run on ABC, Friday nights from fall of 1960, until summer of 1966. Yes, that Winston Cigarette commercial is real.

Related Posts with Thumbnails