Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Walt Disney book-of-the-month club by Random House:

My grandmother (the good one) signed me up for this, and I received one of these books every month, from '74 - '76. I had the above 2 pictured (1975) as well as 22 others. I always looked forward to getting these in the mail back then. Mom still has them up in her attic, and I keep meaning to snag them, but I keep forgetting to take them, although I'm not quite sure what I'd do with them now....

9 comments:

joe said...

Kidding! Both my grandmothers were great!

joe said...

... it was my one grandfather who sucked....

Marissa said...

Were these like The Golden Books? Again, I never saw these. Maybe my parents hid things like this so I wouldn't demand the right to have them.

Keith said...

These look really cool. I never had any of these though.

C said...

i LOVE this book, and anything halloween. it reminds me of when my kids were little and could be spooked by something simple like this book. we had all these too but htey made it through 4 kids and are long gone now.

C

joe said...

Marissa: Nope, not Golden Books. They were published by Random House.

Keith: Aw, you really missed out..

C: I loved haunted houses and stuff like that back then. Remember the Which Witch board game? That was way cool.

grannyann said...

I think I have seen that Halloween book in some of the books I got at garage sales for the grandkids. I will have to look one of these days.

joe said...

Good Luck! You'll really love it..

blueroc85 said...

Oh my god! I had some of these, they came complete with a recording of the story on tape made for my fisher price tape recorder. The back side of the tape was blank so you could ecord your own story....of course my brother and I recorded ourselves being silly. This one and the Berenstein Bears and the SPooky Old tree were my favorites!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails