Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Toughskins:

If you were a kid between 1972 and 1981, chances are you wore Toughskins at least once. I had several pairs. One exactly like the above pair. In red.

17 comments:

Marissa said...

Wow - that's blinding. Still better than Garanimals.

joe said...

And I remember they were made from very synthetic, stiff, unnatural type of fabric.
like very light upholstery..

grannyann said...

Those were some "snazzy" trousers!! I don't remember Curt having any that bright.

joe said...

You were too good to him, Ann. You wouldn't believe some of the colors I had to wear..

FilmFather said...

I still remember the TV spot with the kid(s?) jumping on a trampoline.

joe said...

That sounds familiar.

Richard Doyle said...

I remember having a green pair of these.

wee67 said...

NOTHING said poor like a pair of Touchskins in a sea of 7th grade Levis. Oh, the childhood trauma that defines us today.

joe said...

Richard: I also had green and brown.

Wee67: Sorry! But since i had to wear them too I can't feel too sorry for you..

teri said...

Red??? That's crazy!

joe said...

Haha. Try wearing a red pair, and see if you make it through recess without being punched at least once...

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I got out of the 70's without ever having had a pair of Toughskins. Thank god.

joe said...

So are you saying your parents were better than mine?
Are you???
ARE you??!!?

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

it was mandatory. my mom got tired of sewing patches over the worn out parts of my other jeans.

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

I had some all american red white and blue ones. Beat that.

Edward said...

Your parents grew up with the trauma of a Depression, followed by a World War; then Korea; then Vietnam; then social upheaval of the 60s- and your biggest trauma while growing up is having to wear Toughskins? You're scarred for life? WTF?

joe said...

Um, Edward, I was kidding..

Related Posts with Thumbnails