Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Summer lovin':

Back in the summer of '78, the radio stations played "Summer Nights" over and over and over. "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty was a popular one, as well as "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac, and "King Tut" by Steve Martin, and "Love Is In The Air" by what's-his-name...

14 comments:

joe said...

And of course, when it came to this movie, nobody even questioned why four 30-year-old men still hadn't graduated high school...

Gilligan said...

Believe or Not: My school bus (up in Hyannis near where you live, joe) actually had an eight track tape player. The bus driver would play "Grease Lightning" every morning and every kid would shout along with the 2 curse words in the song. True story.

Ahhh, the memories.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

We liked this movie and I remember something about the songs having the curse words too. Funny.

Marissa said...

I saw this movie about 20 times (for free) at the theater where my sister worked. It was filmed at Huntington Park High School which was about a mile from the movie theater.

Good memories. Makes me want to rent the DVD.

Scandalous Housewife said...

I saw Grease 7 times (no, not 5 or 10. 7).

joe said...

Gil: Actually i live in Upstate New York. I don't live on the Cape anymore. Can't afford it.

Jim: Yeah, I forgot about the curse words..

Marissa: Good times indeed.

Scandalous: I only saw it once. I had the record, though. I think I've still got it. Somewhere...

Dr. Monkey said...

Baker Street ruled!

C said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU LIVE NEAR MALONE. MALONE, NY... THAT IS WHERE I AM FROM. MY HUSBAND AND I GREW UP IN MALONE, AND NORTH BANGOR!

holy crapola, talk to me man...

scorpiocrp@yahoo.com

maybe we even know some same people. i have nevah met anyone who even knows where malone is....

i'll be awaitin for your reply...

chris

C said...

grease is one of my fave movies. when i wanna feel nostalgic, i watch it. it gives me a sense of "back in the old days, of feeling safe, warm with friends, and being in love forthe first time"

nice.

C

Hairball said...

I loved all the songs from this movie!

teri said...

I think this was my favorite year for music.

joe said...

Dr.: I'm glad you said that, otherwise I'm afraid I'd have to ask you to leave...

C.: I only saw it once, but I drove my folks crazy by playing the record over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and............

Hairball: Even "beauty school dropout"??? I don't know, I may disagree with you on that one.

Teri: Wasn't it great?

Charmed said...

I just bought this for my daughter for Easter. The jacket of the DVD was wrapped in a super cool pinkies jacket.

Redsoxfan said...

Over and over and over, my brothers and I would listen on Saturdays when they would do the count downs of the top songs of the week and these would be there week after week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails