Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, May 11, 2009

They were great, but...

To be honest, I never really cared for that song all that much.. and although I don't see a date for this album, I'm guessing circa '76 'cause they're really working that whole red/white/blue thing..

15 comments:

Marissa said...

I just got a Captain and Tennille T-shirt off ebay last week. I plan to wear it when Husband wears his Love Boat shirt with Gavin MacLeod "I'm your captain" from CoolStuff. A Captain theme for the boat ride!

(I hated Muskrat Love.)

Gilligan said...

You never cared for that song? I had to read that sentence twice... you're saying this to make sure I'm paying attention right? Good try.

Notice at the end of the song Toni shouts "Sedaka is back!!" - too true, after a long hiatus, Neil Sedaka was on a roll with this song, Bad Blood, Laughter in the Rain, and a new rendition of Breaking Up Is Hard to Do.

...And even I hate Muskrat Love.

teri said...

I loved them!

grannyann said...

I think I just heard that song lately somewhere but I don't remember. It's one that will be in my head all night.

joe said...

So is it just me, or do The Captain's glasses make him look like a sleestak???

wee67 said...

I'll never admit my fondness for so many of these 70's light pop songs that weaved their way into my psyche as I rode facing backwards in our wood-paneled station wagon, the smell of my mother's Virginia Slim wafting in the air.

joe said...

You've come a long way, baby..

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I did like some of their music. I thought Tennille's hair style was pretty cool! Totally 70s!

FilmFather said...

I was more of a "Do That To Me One More Time" fan -- it was on my K-Tel "Soundwaves" cassette, which my 6-year-old now plays in his boom box.

joe said...

Jim: She had a great voice. They made the decade a better place, for sure.

Film Father: I remember K-Tel and Ronco. They were kind of in competition. I loved them both.

joe said...

... except "love will keep us together." sorry..

C said...

muskrat love makes me gag. but i do like some of the others. my ex sister in law grew up and went to school with toni tenille in montgomery, alabama. she said she was a really nice girl.

they never had kids, did they....
toni's sisters were all singers, as well.

c

joe said...

"Butterscotch Castle" was way worse than "Muskrat Love".

Miss Alex said...

Horrible HOrrible Horrible hair

joe said...

I know. I know... like it was cut in an airport salon..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails