Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, May 29, 2009

The game of Cootie:

I had aLOT of stuff back in the day. Except Cootie. A neighbor had it and I loved playing it. I think the only reason I regret not having kids is that I don't have an excuse to play these games anymore (I know that sounds so shallow.....)...

12 comments:

Marissa said...

You got a nephew or niece or neighbor's kids? That's even better because you play with them, then kick them out when you're tired.

Hairball said...

I never had Cootie either. *sob*

Auntie Hairball agrees with Marissa!

C said...

it's nevah too late to have a happy childhood! have some friends over, some drinks and snacks, and have a retro game night!

its fun. we do it.


c

joe said...

Marissa: No, no nephews or nieces. I have one brother. He's 28. He's not married. He still lives at home. and sleeps in the same bedroom he did when he was 5. Mom should kick his sorry ass out of the home, but she won't.

Hairball: Don't cry. It's okay...

C: Hmmmm, I don't know......

Marissa said...

Yay! For C! That's what I'M talkin' about! I wish she was my next door neighbor.

joe said...

Good going, C. Now you'll never get rid of Marissa. She'll hound you constantly...

joe said...

... you poor, poor soul....

grannyann said...

I know we had Cooties around our house at one time. don't think I ever played but the kids did.

blueroc85 said...

Yay Cootie! My grandma had this game. My cousins and I playedd it constantly although grandpa would complain because inevitably some pices would be left out and he stepped on them.

joe said...

Ann: Too bad, you really missed out.

Blueroc: My parents would complain about my lego pieces laying around. They'd step on them and yell at me..

blueroc85 said...

Yeah Joe....Granpa complained about the building bricks we left laying around too. The building bricks were from the late fifties early sixties (before legos?) and pretty much wroked in the same manner as legos.

joe said...

I also had Lincoln Logs, but Legos were way better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails