Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

What's Happening!

My favorite episode was when Dee was chosen to do a commercial for a hamburger chain, and she took one bite and says "This tastes like jackass meat!" I still crack up. I remember another episode when she says she wants a raise on her allowance, and her brother Roger says: "you get a quarter a week and that's plenty". Sure would suck to have a brother like that guy..

19 comments:

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

hey hey hey

Kim said...

Don't forget the epic Doobie Brothers episode! WTF were they doing in the 'hood?

Keith said...

I always loved that show.

Jimmy said...

I was born in '66. Looking over your past posts brought back a lot of memories!

Great blog.

joe said...

Goggles: Yeah that was Duane's signature um, saying... I forgot that. Well, I'm not surprised, my memory's not what it used to be..

Kim: Is that you??? It must be, she has that same beautiful smile.

Keith: Me too!

Jimmy: Thanks! Great profile pic.

C said...

i watched this a few times but was more into "good times" DYNOMITE!

did you ever watch car 54 where are you or dragnet?

c

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

The actress who played Mabel was also in your favorite movie "The Wiz". I read she was just on the show for two seasons. I remember the hamburger episode, good one!

joe said...

C: Yes, I watched Good Times also. Never watched Car 54 or Dragnet.

Jim: I always wondered why she left so soon. Also, she was in The Jerk as Steve Martin's mom.

Hairball said...

I happened to catch a TV marathon of this show a couple of years ago. Brought back some fun memories!

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

I used to wonder how Dee got that acting gig. She had the personality of a rock.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I read on Wikipedia it was due to a disagreement in the direction of the show. The Jerk comes on TV every once and a while, that's a good one too.

joe said...

Hairball: I haven't seen it since its initial run. I wonder how it's held up.

Googles: Yes, she was a real thorn in everyone's side. Except her mom's. Her mom didn't take no crap from anyone.... actually i think there was an episode where she spanked Roger... haha

Jim: Aw that's too bad. well it doesn't matter anyway, what with her being dead and all..

Hairball said...

YouTube does have some minisodes of this show.

Miss Alex said...

I LOOOOOVE THIS SHOW... I agree with kim. the Doobie brother episode was FANTASTIC!!! I liked shirl the waitress too

joe said...

Hairball: The problem is that I'm on dial-up. To watch even a 3 minute video takes about 20 minutes to upload. I'm a busy guy. I don't have that kind of time.... what with all this blogging, etc...

Miss Alex: Shirley was GREAT. I miss that chick!

Hairball said...

Dear Joe,
I'm sorry about your dial-up connection. I've been there before and it sucks.

Hairball T. Hairball

joe said...

Thanks. That helps.
A little.

Redsoxfan said...

They had introduced several female characters this decade that would stand up for themselves but this was the first female child to do so, she made me laugh a lot.

michael a. gonzales said...

Loved that Henry Mancini theme song

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails